installing rpms on FC3

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Thu Apr 21 13:41:15 EDT 2005

Hi.  Where can I read on this or can someone give me some quick
pointers.  I'd like to install some additional software on this FC3 box
such as CenterICQ and a bittorrent client.  These are not installed by
default so my question is how do I go about getting rpm packages?  Is
there an automated way of doing this or do I just download the rpms from
the sites they are offered on and run some rpm install command?

Also, what is the advantage of installing rpms over just installing by
hand such as:

./configure
make
make install