mail problems continued

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Fri Apr 22 14:56:13 EDT 2005

Igor Gueths said the following on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 05:28:03PM -0400:
> Have you tried manually telnetting to your relayhost, and mailing the
> smartgroups.com domain? From your Linux box that is. Do you get
> anything back from said domain i.e., bounced mail?

I did a manual smtp message and it went through.  The problem was and I
do mean was, that messages sent from my linux box were using the header
"from raul at saidin.asmodean.net"  After seeing I didn't need to change
anything in the main.cf of postfix I found a nice little setting of mutt
and set it like this: "set envelope_from=yes"  Now since that is set
then mutt uses the information in the "From:" header which is "From:
Raul A. Gallegos <raul at asmodean.net>"  Now it works.  If you look at
these headers of this message you will see it right.  Also, now in my
postfix log it shows that "raul at asmodean.net" sends messages and not