FreedomBox

Ann K. Parsons akp at eznet.net
Mon Apr 18 15:28:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I suggest, respectfully, that unless you have documented evidence of
wrong doing, you cease and desist from libeling a product or its
creators/maintainers.  It is not a wise thing to speculate like this.
Moreover, it damages people's reputation.

I don't have any evidence for or against all this hoopla except that I
haven't gotten any more spam than normal since I joined Freedom Box.
I'm not a techie, and I can't make judgments about this kind of
thing.

However, I would venture to say that since any web site you go to for
shopping, for pleasure and so on does track your activity, what's the
beef here?

Though I am not a techie, I can speak to the talents of Freedom Box's
head programmer who, when forced to do so, was instrumental in
protecting the security of GrassRoots MOO, and that was even before he
went to college.  If he says there isn't any activity that he knows
about that is tracking you, then I'll believe him.

C'mon guys, the problem with all this speculation is that it's
probably not true, and if it is, is probably much less harmful than
you think.  What is harmful is spreading unsubstantiated rumors.
Rumors are just that, rumors.  Heck, guys, google tracks you when you
go there, probably.  So do the other search engines.  What you gonna
do, stop searching the net?

You can get all revved up about this if you want to, but I'd rather
see Freedom Box help those for whom it was designed.  It's a good
product.  It works well.  It shouldn't be plagued by rumors.  If you
don't like it, then don't buy it.  I don't buy grape juice cuz I don't
like it.  I buy orange juice and v8.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT