FreedomBox

Matt Campbell mattc at freedombox.cc
Sun Apr 10 22:21:14 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Kenny, I know which email from Mike Calvo you're referring to.  He did
talk about being able to get better deals from other businesses, but it
was clearly in the context of software licensing and providing
additional services to customers.  There was not a hint that we would
sell personal information or users' web browsing activities.  And in
response to Keith, what makes you so sure that a proxy is involved with
our service?  If we were tracking your web browsing activity, I would be
the first to know about it.  Remember, I'm currently Serotek's only
programmer, and their system administrator.

As for speech-dispatcher, the interface seems to be *too* simplistic.
As far as I know, speech-dispatcher can't send any notifications back to
the application, which would enable the app to move the cursor during a
continuous read or play an audio file when the current utterance is
done.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, we have never required that you buy dial-up access from us.  If
you already have an Internet service provider, be it dial-up or
high-speed, you can simply pay $9.95 per month or $99 per year, plus a
one-time $25 activation fee.  This has been true for years.

Again, please let me know if you have any other questions, comments, or
concerns.  Also, Mike Calvo would be happy to answer any questions or
address any concerns in a public, recorded voice chat session, e.g. on a
Speak Freely reflector, if that would help.
--
Matt Campbell
Lead Programmer