getting off my windows dependency

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 5 11:11:20 EDT 2005

jim grimsby writes:

> OK. This makes some sense, but I suspect we agree it can be a nuisance
> for adapted browsing.
> Why it is just like a tab control basically it allows you to move back
> and forth between to web pages.  For example lets say you have a mutt
> document on the one had and your isp settings on the other hand.

It's a nuisance if an application decides, on its own logic, to force
you into multiple screens/instances. It's a feature if the user wants
and asks for it.

That's the difference. It's a question of who is in control.

PS: Mutt configurations are not written in html, so are not "web
documents." Neither, for that matter, are any network settings
configuration files relating to any ISP I know. While these might, or
might not, be managed via an html front end, they are blessedly simple
ASCII files which can be edited any way you choose.

That's the point. Freedom to choose.