getting off my windows dependency

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Apr 4 10:40:32 EDT 2005

Hi.

Tab browsing is a feature found in Mozilla as well as elinks.  The idea
is you have several pages open in a single browser session and you
switch between them by switching tabs.  Consider a javascript that pops
up a new window.  If it does it in a new tab, you can get back to the
actual site easily in the text console.
BTW, Mozilla actually opens a new Window instead of a tab which
can make browsing some sites a real pain.  Since the new
windows are not accessible most of the time you are forced to alt-tab
until you find the origional window displayint the site.
Due to Mozilla's limited accessibility, I've found it a bad idea to
close these windows.  It gets frustrating when you end up closing what
you think is the add only to find you closed the window displaying the
actual site.  With tabs, the "windows" are kept in the browser instead
of becoming another task on your window list.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny