Linux and data storage?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 27 19:34:01 EDT 2004

Just to finish up on backup strategies:

The first backup is the big chore. But, it's not the last word--unless,
of course, one never changes one's data. Not likely.

So, a backup routine is the real target.

rsync is the right tool especially for the backup routine because it
intelligently copies only those portions that have changed. Very
effective, especially on low bandwidth connections.