routers

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 6 06:48:28 EDT 2004

I've been using a Linux box as a router and this has worked out very
well. I have been giving some thought to a dedicated router mainly as
this machine ages, at some point it will experience hardware failures
and its getting difficult to find parts for it. Well not finding parts,
but finding parts that are't used etc. and well it gets tiresome
rebuilding aging boxes. In any case I had one of two plans. First was a
router that was configured by a web interface. I know most have this,
but require java script. Is there any router out there that can be
configured using Lynx, Links, that Freedom Box solution, or uses some
other interface so one could use ssh? If none of this is possible, what
of a really slick little floppy-based firewall solution that would do as
a router offering nat etc.
Any suggestions/comments appreciated. Ay if nothing else a router would
be a little quieter...grin

tia
Scott