off topic: I changed burners now cds are broke.

Paul Migliorelli (+1 7 2 0 7 3 2 2 3 1 1) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Wed Sep 1 16:57:15 EDT 2004

Hi all.  This is a tough one to explain.  I had a burner replaced in my
office box.  I have perfectly good wav files that burned fine in the past
with my old burner that wore out.  This new one is a 48 and I use
cdrecord.
I realize now in the few weeks I've had the new burner in that I haven't
successfully burned audio with it, where I thought I may have.

In any case, data ones burn beautifully on the new.

For audio, the resulting cd is a mass of data noise, kinda like video game
noises.

The wave files play beautifully with all players.
Once I have one of these mutant broken cds done, I can use cdparanoia to
re rip the c d with all its noise trash, and cdparanoia doesn't complain,
so tis probably a good record (grin).

This is with fedora 2, which I've burned audio with on the old burner.
I thought I should try the dash audio option in cdrecord, as I've often
left it off in the past with no trouble, but no difference.  Not sure
where to even begin looking here or what to try.  Oh well.

Maybe someone could call me and I'll play you the noise and maybe that can
shed light (grin).