System-config-soundcard

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Nov 29 14:38:52 EST 2004

Kenneth Lee writes:
> Janina said these new repos would be in two different files, but I only have
> the yum.conf file.  Do different flavors of linux configure yum differently?
> I am using fc2.

There was a change in the data format for yum a few versions back--about
a month ago. You have the olderversion. If you upgrade yum, the upgrade
process should do the conversion for you. I guess it makes it easier to
edit. For example, if a particular repository goes down, you just rename
the file and it doesn't get in the way.

One of the downsides of yum is that a repo that's off line will keep the
entire process from working. On the other hand, they've introduced a
round robin process, so the basic fedora repos should always be
available via some mirror somewhere.

> Next, one of the comments in my yum.conf file said that removing the
> comments from the freshrpms might cause conflicts with fedora.us and I may
> need to comment out the fedora.us if I use freshrpms.  Should I do this?

Oh, you really do have an old version of yum. Absolutely upgrade. >