System-config-soundcard

Kenneth Lee klee15 at cox.net
Mon Nov 29 12:02:54 EST 2004

Great, the mplayer is working.  I checked my yum.conf and both the repos's
Janina mentioned were there, but commented out.  I gotta change my
punctuation level when doing this kind of work. <g> A couple of questions
though.

Janina said these new repos would be in two different files, but I only have
the yum.conf file.  Do different flavors of linux configure yum differently?
I am using fc2.

Next, one of the comments in my yum.conf file said that removing the
comments from the freshrpms might cause conflicts with fedora.us and I may
need to comment out the fedora.us if I use freshrpms.  Should I do this?

Oh, what's the best setup when using speakup with vi?  When I type speakup
reads the status line.  I turned off speakup with the speakup-NumEnter but
this didn't seem the best solution.

Anyway, mplayer started working after I did "yum update mplayer".

Again, thanks to all.

Ken -N5SWR