earliest possible software speech at boot?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Nov 5 05:09:43 EST 2004

I may be way off, but the only way I can think to do what he wants is to
build an initrd that holds everything necessary.

OK, that's a theoretical solution. I don't know that anyone has even
come close to such a thing. Maybe this isn't even theoretical but rather
conjectural. Kirk is correct. Software and hardware synths are not drop
in substitutes for one another. Each type has its advantages and
drawbacks.