Need help installing Speakup in a 2.6.6 Kernel

ameer armaly ameer at charter.net
Sat May 15 22:49:05 EDT 2004

This is because yyou're not using the cvs speakup. to get cvs speakup, do
this:
cd to speakup-1.5
rm -rf the speakup directory (note the "speakup" directory, not
speakup-1.5)
then do :
cvs -d:pserver:anon ymous at linux-speakup.org:/usr/src/CVS login
type please as the password
then, do :
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at linux-speakup.org:/usr/src/CVS co speakup
after that's done, make sure you've symlinked /usr/src/linux-2.6.6 with
/usr/src/linux by:
ln -sf /usr/src/linux-2.6.6 /usr/src/linux
then, run
speakup/checkout
hit enter for cvsroot, and type please as the password, and it'll patch (
if it doesn't do it the first time, make sure to try it a few times).

Ameer