new to linux, where to begin

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu May 13 16:59:15 EDT 2004

Suggest you look at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

While it is possible to do as you ask, and while the above referenced doc discusses exactly this issue, I would tend to agree that it's smarter to put Linux on its own computer. That way you can always have it booted and ready for use. You're far more likely to use it if it's always at hand, as opposed to needing to reboot.