system randomly reboots during Debian installation using speakup-enabled NetInst image

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Mon Mar 15 21:36:52 EST 2004

Hi list,

I'm trying to install Sarge using the recently-released NetInst image. I
have installed using this image on another computer without problems. At
some point between about a second after speakup begins speaking and a
few minutes into the installation process, the system will reboot. The
kernel doesn't seem to panic and no warning messages are heard. I've also tried
using the regular non-speakup kernel and still get these random reboots.

Any ideas of what I might check? I've been able to look at the output from
dmesg (before the system restarted) and didn't see anything alarming.

Chris