linux and accessibility applications

Whitley CTR Cecil H WhitleyCH.ctr at cherrypoint.usmc.mil
Mon Mar 29 14:30:38 EST 2004

>Considering that javascript is often used as part of GUI interface, I'm
>not sure its all that realistic to "make it work" in a text browser.
It's not all that realistic to make it work in a graphical browser either.
Internet Exploder and access bridge doesn't work all that well.  Maybe with
applications that are specifically designed to be accessable would work ok,
but just about everything "out of the box"" that i've tried worked poorly if
at all.

For GUI accessability, OS/2 is about the best i've seen.  Too bad IBM
doesn't still have the talent to turn loose on Gnome.  The external keypad
was a pain, but you could do things with it that just don't work as well
using the computer's keyboard.

Regards,
Cecil