mips little-endian cross compiler in debian unstable

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Mar 14 20:51:36 EST 2004

Hi all.

My apologies to the speakup listers for what might be considered to
be an off-topic post. However, I thought somebody here might know the
answer to my question.

Since I have a debian box here, I thought I would see if debian has a
mips little-endian cross compiler package, so as to put to rest any
doubts regarding the question of is or isn't my own build of a tool
chain generating working binaries. To this end, I had a look at the
list of debian unstable packages, and have installed the
binutils-multiarch package. However, even though I noticed that there
are gcc packages for a few targets, the mipsel target is not among
them.

Also having a look at available virtual packages, I see that there is
a mipsel-gnu virtual package, but there doesn't seem to be anything in
it.

Does anyone know if there is a mips little-endian tool chain for
debian unstable, and if so, what package name I use to get it? If
there isn't a mipsel tool chain for debian unstable, and there is one
for stable or testing, can someone please tell me what to do to get
it, if I'm running unstable?

Thanks in advance.

Greg