Speech dispatcher/Speechdup with FC2 w/2.6.6

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Fri Jun 25 10:03:26 EDT 2004

Hi their.  i was unable to build flite from source, so I just acquired the
RPM's, install the flite-devel and flite RPM's.  Made the required
simlinks to /usr/include flite, built speech dispatcher from source and
installed it.  Everything's fine.  What else is required to get software
working successfully?  Note I also have speechdup installed.  I ran the
spd-say program with some text and it complained about it not being able
to connect to the clinet, yet I have speech-dispatcher running.  Someone
suggested that you might have to move some libs around, but as far as I
see, they're all in standard locations.  So what gives?  Thanks.
--Erik