crap punctuation in subject lines

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:28:21 EDT 2004

Hi.  I'm getting really ticked at idiots who think their email subjects
need opening and closing brackets and parentheses.  Skip the crap
punctuation in your subjects.  It makes it more difficult for some mail
clients to sort your messages into threads.  Keeping your subject lines
relevant to the message you are sending and free of garbage will be
greately helpful to others.  And no, I'm not talking about the simple
re: that some mailers put in the reply subject line.  Your attention and
co-operation is appreciated.

Gene