Speakup Soft Speech--What's the status?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jun 7 07:28:46 EDT 2004

Chuck, you're reading me loud and clear! <grin> That's exactly what I mean. I see that Speech-Dispatcher claims to support switching among soft synths on the fly, even based on circumstance. For example, it supports responding to different languages by using a different soft synth. So, I expect that we should have a concept of how we facilitate switching from Flite, to DEC Talk software speech, and then to Cepstral, and then back again to Flite. And, it needs to be as easy as using Speaks With--which I thank you for, by the way.