[gui-talk] Fwd: mac spoken interface (fwd)

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Sun Jul 25 09:09:44 EDT 2004

Hi their.  The fact that they're using a proprietary API doesn't seem very
cool.  What they should have done is possibly concentrate their efforts on
Gnopernicus and maybe even the Mozilla Accessibility Project.  Now if the
GUI on MacOSX isn't exactly Gnome-like, then I'm afraid that wouldn't be
feasable and it wouldn't be fair to expect the dev team to undertake this.
Speakup on the Mac?  The way I see it, their is only one way of acheveing
this.  Since I'd assume taht you don't have access to the kernel source,
Speakup would have to run in userland as a daemon.  That way, you could
probably modify your /etc/rc.D and inetd scripts so you'd have speech at
some point.  YASR I have no idea, as I've never used it.  Is it
functionally equivelent to Speakup?  Any differences?  I'd like to know.

--
Erik Heil <eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com>
Phone: (865) 673-0542