[gui-talk] Fwd: mac spoken interface (fwd)

david poehlman poehlman1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 08:23:44 EDT 2004

Actually, some things do talk well with the api but you run into other
snags.  The problem with screen readers is that they are patches on patches.
If the api such as the one mac has put into their os can be robust enough
and is coded for as you say, it works out to be a much more functional
solution.  I think we'll go further with voice over than we've gone with
other talking adventures.

I'm not convinced that a screen reader is a better approach based on my 14
years or so of experience working with them and learning how they work and
what their limitations are.