OT help with samba as a domain controller

Jared Stofflett jared-stofflett at twmi.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 11:41:11 EDT 2004

I can not get samba to add my windows xp pro computer as a domain member. I
have added a samba password for my root account, and ser the parameters like
all the information says to on the internet. Then I try to add the xp pro
computer to the domain using root it gives me a can't find user error. I'm
using samba 3.0 with fedora core 1. I've patted the short version of my
configuration file below and would appreciate any help, if you need to see
the full 450 line long one then I can send that, but I think the list
rejects messages that big. Appreciate any help.
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.0.100 (192.168.0.100)
# Date: 2004/07/24 11:25:24

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = DOM1
	server string = Samba Server
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	logon script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false
-M %u
	logon drive = H
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 65