delayed or timed recording

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Jul 21 09:35:43 EDT 2004

Well, "sleep" seems to work. Is there any reason that would end up being
unreliable? You can also specify different time units; it doesn't have to
be seconds and the units (seconds, minutes, days and hours) can be used
cumulatively.
Arecord also has a switch for sleep but  it didn't seem to work when I
tried it.
Hmm, if this works ok with sleep, one could write a script and program all
of the routine program recordings for the week as long as one  didn't
reboot. which is so obvious I imagine somebody has already done it.
I just ran a script to record with a 2 minute 20 second sleep and timed it
and it was fine so I think this will work.

--
Cheryl