delayed or timed recording

Wesley Groleau groleau+wes at freeshell.org
Wed Jul 21 00:51:41 EDT 2004

> I want to record a radio program that I access with mplayer but I'm
> not going to be home when the program airs. I want to either set
> things up so that the playing of the station and the recording start
> at the right time or, failing that, I could connect to the radio
> station before leaving home

Cheryl, I'm afraid the following won't be very helpful,
unless there's a Linux version of this.  I use a Mac OS X
app called Amadeus for editing sound.  It allows setting
a time to start recording and a time to stop.

If you can borrow a Mac, you could wire the output from
mplayer to the input of the Mac....  :-)

Hope someone pops in with a more helpful idea.

--
Wes Groleau

   "Beware the barrenness of a busy life."
                                -- George Verwer