almost burned two good isos

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jul 6 04:52:06 EDT 2004

Here's the cdrecord command I use, just for reference:

cdrecord -v -eject -dao -speed=4 -dev=ATAPI:/dev/hde FC2-filename

Note that your specifics would vary. The only param above I consider
critical is the device specification and -dao, "disk at once." The -v is
useful because it prints good data on screen.

Kill Speakup during the burn. Do not look at the screen very much,
either, while the burn progresses. And, if you really do have flaky
hardware, don't be running any other tasks during the burn.