online banking with Bank of America: not quite accessible enough

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 31 12:43:31 EST 2004

Yes, Darrell, you are very correct when you say that we should not place
unreasonable demands. I couldn't agree more.

So, is it unreasonable to insist that they actually test for encryption
in order to insure secure communications rather than inferring that
things must be OK if you show up at the door wearing the "right
browser?"

In essence, it seems to me they're actually practicing dangerous
computing, not safe computing, by inferring security from bad data.