online banking with Bank of America: not quite accessible enough

Darrell Shandrow nu7i at azboss.net
Sat Jan 31 12:01:53 EST 2004

Hi Buddy,

In the specific case of the Bank of America issue, you are all correct.  It
should be fixed to test the proper condition; Lynx can, indeed, support SSL!

In more general terms, however, all I am saying is that it is critical not
to place any unreasonable demands when it comes to accessibility.  W3C
standards are an excellent starting point as they are widely-recognized,
international standards as far as they go.  Web design software should, by
its very function, generate W3C compliant code while the GUI user designs
the pages for their web site.  That could result in minimal-effort or
zero-effort accessibility.

I understand your concerns with emphasizing form over function.  I am hoping
this will, eventually, settle in to something that actually makes good
common sense.  In the meantime, we can, to some extent, obtain
accessibil8ity to some of the content within Flash presentations and other
such elements.

A+, CCNA, Network+!
All the best to coalition forces carrying out Operation Iraqi Freedom!