using Less commands

Ed Thurston thurston at ntelos.net
Mon Jan 26 20:59:45 EST 2004

Hello Steve,

you were  right on the money!  It worked  fine that way and unfortunately I
learned by  trying it out that the  mark is not saved after the  computer
reboots, so will probably just use an editor like Joe to  read long files
and  just insert  symbols in the text at the point where I  would  want to
resume reading at a later date.  I could use the find  command to find the
symbol.

Many thanks for  your assistance with this  problem.

Do you know if there is any way to  get Joe to read more than a page at a
time.  This would  greatly speed up reading long documents.

Thanks,