courier question

Igor Gueths igueths at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 02:41:58 EST 2004

Hi all. I'm attempting to set up Courier here, except I've run into a
problem related to the various authentication modules. In
/usr/lib/courier/etc/authdaemonrc, the only modules that are in the list
are authcustom, authcram, and authldap. What exactly is authcustom?
Also, the install file says that configure is supposed to install the
correct modules for your system...Where is authpw and authshadow, and
authpam? Bc theoretically, these modules should have been installed. I
am using shadow passwords, and I know I can use pam because I have
configuration files for it in /etc/pam.d. Is this a case of configure
not guessing correct values, and I have to explicitly specify the
modules I want to use? I currently have Courier-0.44.2. Anyone know why
I am getting this strange behavior? P.S: Just for testing purposes, I
started courier and echoed a message to postmaster, who I aliased to my
main user account (igueths). I created a Maildir, and then sent the
test...Sure enough, no message present when I tried to read it with
Mutt. However, all the syslog messages indicate that Courier
successfully sent the message...No errors.