Kernel 2.4.22 slackware 9.1, error messages

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Sat Feb 7 20:47:24 EST 2004

Hi all.
Well, thankfully I was able to get someone sighted in here to read me the error messages I got from the kernel when I tried to
boot in to it to install slackware properly. Below are the list of system and error messages which I thought were relevant here,
and I've put spaces where appropriate to make the text read more precisely. If you need more info let me know off list.
Hdc: cd-56e,atapicd/dvd-rom drive
Unable to handle kernel Null pointer dereference at virtual address 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Printing EIP: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
* p d e =00000000
Oops: 0 0 0 0
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<0000000] not tainted
E flags: 00010286
eax:0000000b evx: 00000003
ecx:00000000 edx: 00000003
process swapper(pid: 1, stack page=c10b3000) (reader's note, after this line is messages relating to the stack codes which are not
included)
code: bad EIP value
 <0>
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!