can't find serial port

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Fri Feb 6 10:00:08 EST 2004

Some device might indeed be using the settings for com1 but that might be
resolved by deleting com2 and restarting.
Then if there is no ports in device manager, then he could add a port and
assign the typical address for com1
In fact he should go into the properties and attempt to manipulate the
settings to the com2 to match the typical com 2 settings if they aren't
already.
Com1 & 3 use IRQ 4
and
Com2 & 4 use IRQ 3.
Then there is the memory range, which I always have to check before setting,
but com1 usually uses 03f8 I think and com2 uses 02f8, or something like
that.
But in windows we sometimes have to shuffle this stuff around and sometimes
we have to delete the item and a few others so we can re-assign the problem
devices.