can't find serial port

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Feb 6 09:24:58 EST 2004

This suggests to me that some other device is being assigned com1.
Recognize that the designation com1 is logical, not physical.

Kyrath. (AKA Rob) writes:
> From: "Kyrath. \(AKA Rob\)" <kyrath at cox.net>
>
> Alright, I tried the mode command and it seems to work in that it made the
> adjustment.  When I tried the mode command for com2 or com3, it gave me an
> illegal device error.
> The strange thing is that I looked in the windoes device manager and found
> that there was no com1 listed, but there was a com2.  Go figure.
> I guess that I'll have to wait for some eyes before I can do any more.
> Thanks for all of the help.
> -- Rob

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group