Dectalk 5

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Wed Apr 21 10:54:40 EDT 2004

Hi.  Are you using gdm?  If so, that's why you got the gtk error in a
text console.  Gdm has your X server and I haven't found a way to start
additional X sessions from a text console if it's running.

You can run the synth and the say program without needing X.  What I
have is the run time package.  I believe that's what the rt means.  I
didn't get any demos with my version.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny