Dectalk 5

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed Apr 21 10:58:29 EDT 2004

Hi Cheryl.  As far as I know, the dmos on the fonix site require you to
be running ex windows.  I  dont know about the linuxRT link you found,
it's probably just a link to the linux runtime product.  I have to tell
you though, that if you've already bought the 4.61 runtime, that you are
not likely to like the 5.0 runtime voices.  They sound like they have a
mouth full of mush.  I listened to them for about two minutes, and then
reinstalled my dectalk 4.61 runtime.  It sounds much more like the
dectalk express and earlier dectalk products.

Hope this helps.  I see as I'm writing this that Kenny also responded to
you, so I guess that means you may get the same information twice.
(smile)

Gene