Laptops that Linux likes?

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Fri Apr 16 11:38:50 EDT 2004

Hmm. What kind of sound card does your Latitude have? I have a friend
who has an Inspiron-8100 and it has something like a Sigmatel something
or other, and as far as I know Alsa does not support that. Then there's
the problem of the Broadcom NIC. And I think those are supported in
limited models as well. Were you able to get something like a 3Com NIC
as a replacement for the Broadcom?