Arrowing Through Directories?

Hart Larry chime at cts.com
Tue Sep 30 20:58:33 EDT 2003

What I really would love to do is to use my up-and-down arrows to select among
thousands of mp3s in a directory, rather than always type on a command-line.
Folks have suggested pilot and midnight commander, but mc has a strange look to
it--and pilot won't launch the song.  I have a sighted linux wizzard who tried
it--and he says my arrows aren't working.  So we thought to browse my directory
with lynx.  That was more friendly, but all those rwx and dates which consumed
the space where the title would be.
So, from some1 new, are their any applications I can launch which will give me
a dos or windows my computer feel, so I can select among all these songs?
I am running a DecTalk-pc version 4.1C with RedHat9
Thanks so much in advance
Hart