DDynamic DNS

Rejean Proulx rejean at interfree.ca
Tue Sep 30 21:39:30 EDT 2003

I run a web site and currently have a programming running unmder Windows
that updates my URL with the right IP when my service provider decides that
it needs to change.  I tried ez-ipupdate under Linux and find that it
updates with my 192.168.nn.nn address obtained from my router.  I don't know
if putting the Linux box in the DMZ will solve this.  I will try it.  I
could continue to use the Windows program but I want to offload my Windows
server as soon as I can with what ever I can drag off it.  It is dying.

I found a script that is written in perle.  I compiled it and tried to run
it.  After installing 4 snmp packages, it complained that the port was in
use when I started the script to read my router and update ez-ipupdate.  I
looked the the conf file for snmp it it is way too advanced for me.  It was
huge.  If any one has a good program that signs on to a router to get the IP
let me know.  My Windows program does that.  My IP provider or what ever you
call such things is easydns.com

Rejean