nfl field pass; links (the chain) development

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Fri Sep 19 20:53:38 EDT 2003

Cheryl,
Last year I was able to listen to the live games for free in windows.  If
they've gone to a premium service you may be prompted for and id/password
when you access the game.

I looked quickly at the javascript but couldn't make  much sense of it.  I
think they are using realplayer, and different things happen depending on
your user-agent-string.  I wonder whether mozilla under gnopernicus would
give you any access?  If I'm around, I'll give this a try on Sunday
afternoon while the streams are playing.  Maybe a bunch of us could each
take one team and attempt to figure out the url to pass to trplayer.

I'm puzzled that the javascript nut hasn't been cracked.  The parsers and
libraries exist, but no one has invested the time implement a version which
would be useful to us.  Maybe you can find out something about the "chain".
The "cat" has a with-libjs option, but nothing was ever done with it.

Chris