nfl field pass; links (the chain) development

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Fri Sep 19 08:25:03 EDT 2003

I actually managed to register for NFL Field Pass using links the chain;
you get a seven-day
trial period and then they charge your card. While most of the
explanations are of course for windows, they do mention that the Unix
players (in which I'm sure they include linux) should work.
Unfortunately, I have combed the field pass page in links and lynx (chain
and cat) looking
for a "sign in" link to no avail. I'm going to try to track down an email
address or phone number for support (no small challenge) and see if they
can supply me with a direct url for doing the sign-in. otherwise, I'll
have to cancel on Monday as my seven days will be up.
If anybody else has had more success than I with this, let me know; i'd
love to have access to all that live radio and in years past I haven't
even been able to register.
Kind of offtopic from this, but I'm also a bit concerned that development
of likns-the-chain 2 may have fallen by the wayside as there hasn't been a
new
release since 2.1-pre11 and that was quite some time ago. Guess I'll
check about that on the links list. Since, as far as I know, that is the
only browser even making an effort to allow us to keep our heads above
water with javascript and such issues, I'm greatly concerned. I know this
sounds tangential, but I'm thinking that if links the chain were further
developed I might actually be able to use NFL field Pass instead of just
register for it.

--
Cheryl