a support question

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Wed Sep 3 01:12:00 EDT 2003

Sounds like a USB memory device. The short answer to your question is yes,
most likely. The long answer is that would depend on the type of drive.
Linux supports most of these types of drives, but you may need to recompile
your kernel and/or obtain a module for the type of drive you have.
Generally, most distros don't compile this support even as a module by
default, though you should have a copy of the Linux source so you can
compile in the support. I'd be happy to provide assistance with this if you
need it.
--
Jospeh C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net