Sendmail Wpon't work

Rejean Proulx rejean at interfree.ca
Fri Oct 24 18:01:54 EDT 2003

Thanks for the answers.  Now I feel silly as I thought I would, but that is
the cost of being new at something.  Too answer your pop question.  Exim
doesn't have a pop server, but Debian has packages.  I have outlook express
almost talking to it.  It can ask for mail.  It can't send yet because I
need to create a password file.  I'm almost there, I hope.  In the case of
courier, I tried all its pop options and got nowhere.  At least with exim,
when I read the manual I understand enough of it to be able to make
progress.
Actually, last weekend I had Outlook express talking to exim using an IMAP
server.  I don't like IMAP because it is badly implemented in Outlook
Express.  The server wants to control which folders you have on your machine
and you seem to have to keep the machine in sync with the mail server.  That
is ok if you have 2 or 3 machines that you want in sync, but I only have
one, so IMAP was a frustrating over kill.

Basically, you tell me that I wasted my after noon because I didn't know.
Unfortunately, it won't be the last time I'm sure.  That is the cost of
learning.  Thanks for the help.  By the way, I tried the period and I can
now send mail.  I just want to do this for testing purposes, never to send
real mail, unless of course you write a script to send a message based on
its success or something.

 Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
MSN is: rejp at rogers.com