Oh how i wish

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 05:59:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Luke Davis wrote:

> Do ask.
>
> Some of us will not answer. Some of us will answer, trying to help. And
> some will tell you to RTFM.  Of those: some will be pains in the ass about
> it, just telling you to RTFM, with no real clarification.  Others,
> however, after actually reading your question, will tell you what FM to R.
>
> Over all, though, even if no users anywhere answer, it can not hurt to
> ask, and the potential that you will get some kind of answer, actually
> outways the potential that you will be ignored.

Luke,

Rather than moaning about the response to potentially off-topic questions
to this list, why not direct him to one of the newby lists that *do* exist
somewhere, I mean, they have to, there are just too many Linux newbies for
them not to.  I'd sugbgest that there might be a Redhat-newbies list
somewhere, and I'm sure that a search on linux.org should yield something.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808