Oh how i wish

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Thu Oct 23 15:22:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Toby Fisher wrote:

> Rather than moaning about the response to potentially off-topic questions
> to this list, why not direct him to one of the newby lists that *do* exist
> somewhere, I mean, they have to, there are just too many Linux newbies for
> them not to.  I'd sugbgest that there might be a Redhat-newbies list
> somewhere, and I'm sure that a search on linux.org should yield something.

Geeze: you can't even give an attempt at an encouraging answer here,
without being told you are moaning.  I really don't get that.

As far as I know, this list does welcome newbies, of all shapes and sizes,
and instead of telling the guy to go fly a kite, I suggested that he go
ahead and ask his questions.  If his questions get him answers that lead
him to other lists, than so be it.

In effect, I was trying to stop his preemptive "moaning", as you put it,
and instead I get told that this is what I am doing.

Strange indeed.

I doubt even Janina can fault my original attempt in this one.

Luke