ViaVoice Error

Richard Wells richwels at bupster.cjb.net
Thu Oct 16 22:06:53 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have installed the ViaVoice RTK and the ViaVoice SDK rpms on my Redhat 8
system. The /etc/profile has been modified to reflect the export of ECI.INI.
When I run the ./runcmdlinespeak to test ViaVoice, I get the following
error:

Could not create ECI handle. Check installation.
Possible causes:
        IBM ViaVoice TTS RTK has not been installed on this machine.
        no exported ECIINI variable in /etc/profile.
        eci.ini file not in path referenced by ECIINI, nor in current
directory.        eci.ini corrupted.
        library /usr/lib/libibmeci50.so corrupted or missing.
        language files referenced in eci.ini file corrupted or missing.
Re-install IBM ViaVoice TTS RTK.

I tried uninstalling both rpms with the -e switch but I am told that they
are not installed. I tried installing them again with the -i switch but I am
told that they are already installed. Which is it? How can I fix this?

I am very frustrated with this. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks