Red hat 10

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 11 21:28:02 EDT 2003

Hi, Darragh:

I wouldn't go speculating about the version number. You're almost
certainly going to be wrong as the name has changed. It's now the Red
Hat Fedora Core, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see it numbered 1.0

GNOME 2.4, inclyuding GNOME-Speech and Gnopernicus are included. You can
get these today by using the Severn imageson Bumpy.

But, you'll have to wait for Bumpy to come back. It's down at the
moment.

Darragh writes:
> From: "Darragh" <lists at digitaldarragh.com>
>
> > Yes, you can do a Red Hat install over telnet, but you no longer need
> toi, unless you cannot > boot from your cd rom. There are talking images
> again at:
> >
> > http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/
>
> I thought these discs were just for rh9?  I was rong in saying version
> 10.  I'm led to believe there won't be a version 10 but there will be a
> v9.9 which is being worked on now, incidently, the 9.9 version will
> contain gnome with the accessibility architecture.
>
> I've also been told that if I do an up2date from red hat 9 that I got
> from the speakup site the latest version of gnome will be downloaded?
> Is this true?  Has any one successfully installed it all?
>
> Thanks
>
> Darragh

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group