my play box has turned into a paper weight

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 01:22:24 EST 2003

at the risk of being helpful, Gregory Nowak delivered up the following on Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:21:17PM -0600,
*SNIP*

> Obviously, I've got a hardware problem. However, is it the ram, or is
> it the cpu? I am leaning towards saying that it's the cpu at this
> point, but am open to other educated opinions.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greg

It's quite possible greg your hard drive is on it's last drive platters.
This sounds like a similar problem I have with my pentium 233 on the odd
occasion.
I find I have to watch the box carefully and ensure that all connections
are tight and that all the hardware e.g. ram, cpu, cards, are seated
properly.
listen to the noises your computer makes next time and also grab the
memtest utility and run it to test your ram.
I can't remember the url off the top of my head but I'll find it and get
it to you if you haven't googled for it already.
just take it one step at a time. it's possible we can find you a way out
for the moment to save you some money at this point.
hth

--
Shaun Oliver
"Becareful of the toes u step on today, they maybe connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!"

EMAIL: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: blindman_2001 at hotmail.com
AIM: captain nemo 200
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman
CHANNELS: #awesomeradio #mircpopup-magic #linux #help #ourworld #audiofile #mauisun