my play box has turned into a paper weight

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Mon Nov 10 09:45:23 EST 2003

I'm sure that the hd isn't the problem, since as mentioned a couple of
weeks ago on the list, I replaced the hd that died with a 8 Gb drive,
which is in good shape, given that it works perfectly fine on other
machines. I've also listened for any strange noises from the machine,
and didn't hear anything other then the normal sounds.

I'll look for memtest later today. Also, if it's the cpu or ram, or
motherboard, they're old, and aren't being made anymore today as far
as I know. So, if it's any of these 3 things which turns out to be
the problem, I'll simply scrap this box for working parts, and that
will be that.
Thanks.

Greg