using samba with windows xp professional

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sun Nov 2 21:07:10 EST 2003

Hi, In order to use samba with windows xp professional does my windows xp
system need to be directly connected to the linux box and I am using
dinamic ip addresses and want to be able to share files between windows xp
professional and redhat9.  Also in windows xp I can't find where to tell
windows what domain to use for the samba server, I have the group name set
but I can't seam to figure out what else I need to do to get it working.
I am using a 2wire home portal with sbcdsl.  bye

--
My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com.