windows 2000 machines cant see samba

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun Nov 2 20:55:54 EST 2003

I found this stuff in my syslog related to samba. could this mean
anything about the problem I'm having?

Nov  2 20:52:38 h14me nmbd[363]: [2003/11/02 20:52:38, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(358)
Nov  2 20:52:38 h14me nmbd[363]:   find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Nov  2 20:52:38 h14me nmbd[363]:   Unable to find the Domain Master
Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Nov  2 20:52:38 h14me nmbd[363]:   Unable to sync browse lists in this
workgroup.